The CMEX II detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within the slab or screed by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low-frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture present in the material. The CMEX II determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value for concrete slabs and a comparative value for other cementitious floor screeds, displayed on a large clear digital dial.
When the optional Tramex Hygro-i2 ® relative humidity probe is plugged into the CMEX II, the instrument automatically changes to Hygrometer Mode, allowing for in situ relative humidity (RH) testing of floor slabs per ASTM F2170 and BS 8201, 8203 Hood Method, as well as ambient conditions of temperature, relative humidity, dew point and mixing ratios. This resilient probe is reusable and can be checked regularly for calibration.
Wood pin-type probe mode:
In Pin-probe mode by plugging in the optional handheld or hammer probe the CMEX II becomes a resistance type pin meter for determining the moisture content of wood and wood-based products. The CMEX II gives moisture content readings from 7% to 40% in wood. A species adjustment table and a temperature adjustment chart are supplied for precise readings in woods of varying densities and readings taken in various temperatures.
- Size: 6″ x 3.5″ x 1.5″ (150mm x 85mm x 38mm)
- Weight: 11.25oz (319g)
- Construction: ABS
- Body Power: 9 volt PP3 Battery (included)
- Display: Digital / Backlit Depth of penetration in concrete: approx. ¾” (20mm)
- Moisture content for Concrete: 0 to 6.9 %
- Comparative for Gypsum floor screed: 0 to 10
- Reference scale: 0 to 100
- Relative Humidity (with optional Hygro-i2 ® probe): 0 to 99%
- Humidity accuracy: 0% to 99%RH +/- 2% @ 25°C / 77°F
- Moisture content for wood (with optional wood pin probes): 7 to 40 %