- Size: 6″ x 3.5″ x 1.5″ (150mm x 85mm x 38mm)
- Weight: 8.47oz (240g)
- Construction: ABS
- Body Power: 9 volt PP3
- Battery (included)
- Display: Digital / Backlit Depth of penetration: up to 1¼”(30mm)(In wood, drywall)
- Reference scale for building materials: 0 to 100
- Relative Humidity (with optional Hygro-i2 ® probe): 0 to 99%
- Wood Non-invasive Mode: 5 to 55% MC (at SG of 0.3)
- Wood Invasive Mode (with optional wood pin probes): 7 to 40%MC
The MRH III operates on the principal of non-destructive impedance measurement. Co-planar electrodes are fitted on the base of the instrument from which low frequency signals are transmitted into the material under test, measuring the change in impedance caused by the presence of moisture. This reading is translated by the instrument into a moisture content reading.
When the Tramex Hygro-i2 ® relative humidity probe is plugged into the MRH III, it automatically changes to Hygrometer Mode. The Tramex Hygro-i2 ® provides the ideal solution for measurements of ambient relative humidity, temperature and dew point conditions within the building structure and in structural materials such as concrete flooring, walls etc.