- Size: 4.9″ x 10.8″ x 2.9″ (125mm x 275mm x 75mm)
- Weight: 1.88lbs (853g)
- Construction: ABS Body Power: 9 volt PP3
- Battery (included)
- Display: Analog Depth of penetration: 4″ (100mm
- Four Ranges: Roofing Mode with high and low sensitivity. EIFS / Foam Roof Insulation Mode with high and low sensitivity.
- Leather carry case. Telescopic handle for use on roofs only.
- Some EPDM, Butyl rubber roofing and other conductive roofing. Hard Coat Stucco, wire lath or wire mesh reinforced finishes.
The Roof & Wall Scanner detects and evaluates the moisture conditions within roofing and wall systems by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material under test via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The Roof & Wall Scanner determines the strength of the current and converts this to a comparative moisture content value, displaying it on a large clear analog dial.
Moisture detection testing can be done at the time of installation, as part of an ongoing maintenance program, or prior to reparation of damaged roofing and wall systems. The RWS is a handheld, hardwearing instrument with dual operating modes for roofing and EIFS/Foam insulation systems, each with two ranges of signal penetration. Having calibrated the RWS on a known acceptably dry area, the RWS gives instant readings for the moisture survey.